Sioux Falls Home Staging
Sioux Falls Home Staging Facts: "The way you live in your home, and the way you market and sell your house are two different things!" Barb Schwarz, creator of Staged Homes
Sioux Falls Real Estate recommends staging your house and we recommend you to work with you to get your house sold for top dollar in Sioux Falls. We recommend home staging professionals in Sioux Falls from houzz.com.
WHAT IS STAGING?
Staging is the process of preparing your house for sale in such a way that the home's strengths are highlighted resulting in greater appeal to the most amount of potential buyers. Just as you would detail your car when you are selling it, staging can be considered as "detailing your house" before it is put on the market.
Statistics tell us that...
- Homeowners who have their house Staged sell their house for an average of 6.9% more than homeowners who do not stage. For a $300,000 house, that means an average increased sale price of $20,700!
- The cost of staging is usually much less than the first price reduction on a house! The investment in staging has an average return of 169%. For a $1000 staging investment, you may see a return of $1690!
- Staged homes average half the time on the market compared to non-staged homes. In slow housing market that could mean the difference of selling your house in weeks and not months! In a recent Staged Homes survey, non-staged homes averaged 169 days (approx. 24 months) on the market; while homes that were staged first, then listed averaged less than 14 days on the market!
WHY STAGING WORKS
- Staging works because the houses are presented clean and clutter-free!
- Staging works because the home's décor is neutralized to appeal to the most buyers!
- Staging works because the furniture is rearranged to highlight each room's strengths!
- Staging works because the decorative elements are used to set a model-like atmosphere!
- Staging works because it is a proven technique that produces results in any market!
* Statistics cited from www.stagedhomes.com
"The worst thing that you can do when selling your house is... NOTHING!" - Lisa LaPorta, HGTV's Designed to Sell
Start the packing process early by removing the "stuff" in your house. Small knick-knacks, collectibles, excess toys, and miscellaneous papers should be removed before showing your house. Remember, you are selling your house, not your stuff.
Continue packing by removing personal photos, awards, and other individualized items. De-personalizing a house allows buyers to envision themselves living in the house and not think about who is currently living there.
Make your house feel fresh by giving it a thorough clean from light fixtures to baseboards. Deep cleaning will also help to reduce odors left by pets, smoking, or spices. Don't rely on candles or heavy fresheners to "cover up" household scents.
4) FURNITURE ARRANGEMENT
Take note of how the furniture is placed in your house. Is there a focal point in each room? Are there easy pathways around the furniture? Try a few different layouts to see what works best. Don't be afraid of removing unneeded pieces.
5) COLOR CHOICES
Freshen up the outdated and dirty walls with a new coat of paint. Choose soft, neutral colors that will coordinate with your décor and appeal to a broad range of buyers.
6) ACCENT PLACEMENT
Keep only a few decorative pieces in each room. Leaving a minimal amount of décor will allow buyers to see the house instead of being distracted by the decorations. Properly placed home accents help to set the atmosphere of your house.
7) ASK FOR HELP
When in doubt, call an Accredited Staging Professional. An ASP can get you started by completing a detailed, personalized consultation that any "do-it-yourself-er" would be able to follow. No time to stage it yourself? An ASP can do the staging for you!
Sioux Falls Real Estate
Agent: Brandt Williams
Hegg Realtors Sioux Falls Real Estate Group
6225 S Minnesota Ave
Sioux Falls, SD 57108
Mobile Phone: 605-610-6094
Direct Email: firstname.lastname@example.org